El Sol Vida
Appleton Estate Rum Tour from Runaway Bay
Go on a journey to the picturesque south coast of Jamaica on a visit to the Appleton Estate, home of the finest rum in the world. Take a tour of the distillery, sit down to taste 10 different rum varieties, & bring home a full bottle of rum.
- Guided tour of one of Jamaica‚Äôs best ‚Äî and oldest ‚Äî rum distilleries
- See the tools of the trade, from the copper pot stills to the ageing barrels
- Learn about the fermentation process of sugar cane, yeast, and water from the estate grounds
- Sample 10 different rums
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Your Appleton Rum Adventure starts with your pickup at your hotel lobby and you are driven in comfort on a scenic roadway into the Nassau Valley in St Elizabeth, where the estate has been making rum since 1749.
On arrival, after a brief introductory and safety session, your 45-minute guided tour will begin. Visit the distillery to see Appleton's copper pot stills, which give the rum a distinctive flavour, and take a look inside the ageing house, where the rum sits in oak barrels, some for up to 30 years. Learn about the prestigious history of Appleton Estate, one of the oldest distilleries in Jamaica, and hear about its fermentation process, during which sugar cane molasses and a special yeast culture combine with water that has been filtered naturally by limestone to create Appleton‚Äôs much-loved flavour.
Next, it‚Äôs time for samples! In addition to 10 different types of Jamaican rum, try a bit of freshly pressed cane juice. Then spend a little time browsing the gift shop for souvenirs (perhaps an exclusive bottle of Appleton Estate rum that‚Äôs only sold in Jamaica?) before boarding your bus to depart the estate.
On the way back have a lunch (meals and drinks not included) at one of Jamaica's famous jerk centres or local eateries, enjoying the delicious meal with an ice cold Red Stripe beer or tropical fruit drinks before heading back to your hotel with a heart filled with Jamaica!
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Admission Fee
- Rum Tasting
- Complimentary Welcome Cocktail Drink
- Well-appointed Private Air-conditioned Vehicle
- Meals and Drinks
- Gratuity (Optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Minimum of 2 Adults per reservation
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual, wear comfortable walking shoes
- Not Wheelchair accessible